A simple shortbread with delicious apricots, almonds & lemon!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and ﬂuffy, about 2 minutes.
2. To the mixer add milk, vanilla & lemon zest. Beat until just combined. With mixer on low, gradually add ﬂour, salt, apricots, and almonds; continue beating until fully combined.
3. Turn dough out onto 2 pieces of plastic wrap, dividing into 2 equal pieces.
4. Shape each piece into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in the plastic wrap and refrigerate until ﬁrm, about 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
7. Place slices on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, 14 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Serve with your favorite choice of beverages.