Shortbread is always delicious, but add some dried cranberries and orange zest....you've got a new holiday tradition!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely
Zest of orange
1 Large (or 2 small oranges)
1. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and ﬂuffy.
2. Add milk, vanilla & orange zest. Beat until just combined. Turn mixer off and add ﬂour, salt and cranberries. Mix again, until just combined.
3. On 2 pieces of plastic wrap, divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into logs.
4. Wrap logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Using a sharp knife, slice cookies into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
7. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes.
8. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
9. Serve with your favorite beverages and enjoy!
Great for the holidays !!!! An amusing video to prepare orange flavored shortbread cookies with dried cranberry. This simple shortbread cookies is loaded with flavor and it makes a perfect treat during the holiday season. Sweet tooths will make a beeline whenever these snacks are served. Kids will pound on then and finish them in no time.