Buttery shortbread with loads of orange zest and candied orange peel.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Zest of orange
Chopped candied orange peel
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)
1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. To the mixer now add milk, vanilla & orange zest. Beat until just combined.
3. Turn mixer off and add flour, salt and candied orange peel. Mix again, until just combined.
4. On 2 pieces of plastic wrap, divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into logs (2-3" in diameter).
5. Wrap logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 375 ̊F.
7. Using a sharp, non-serrated knife, slice cookies into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until edges are golden, about 12-14 minutes.
8. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
9. Serve with your choice of beverages and enjoy!
Surprising super shortbread !!! This video makes a very delicious shortbread cookie with orange. Made with orange zest and the addition of orange peals does wonder to this cookie variety. Melt-in-your-mouth these zesty orange flavor shortbread are absolutely wonderful. Try it and fill your kitchen with its rich aroma.