|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 300° F (150°C).
2) Electric Mixer Method fine butter.
3) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
4) Gently mix flour and blend well.
5) Mix remaining flour with hand and knead into dough.
6) Food Processor Method With metal blade in place fine butter.
7) Add sugar and process till fluffy.
8) Mix flour and process till well blended.
9) Put the dough into a bowl.
10) Divide dough into 2 balls. Cover and put in refrigerator for one hour.
11) Remove one ball of dough from refrigerator. Lightly dust a flat surface with flour and roll the dough on it.
12) Also lightly flour the rolling pin.
13) Make into shapes as preferred.
14) Add the scraps to the remaining dough.
15) Put in non greased cookie sheets.
16) Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes till golden.
17) Depending on the size of cookies the cooking time may vary.
18) Keep on racks to cool.
19) Repeat the same process with remaining dough.
20) Tasty shortbread can be eaten as snack or with hot beverages.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 9.7 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet