Vanilla Shortbread Biscuits
|All purpose flour||200 Gram|
|Vanilla sugar/Caster sugar||100 Gram, divided (75 for dough and 25 grams for coating)|
1. Place the flour into a processor and add the vanilla sugar.
2. Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour and sugar.
3. Turn on the processor and you will soon have a vanilla flavored shortbread mix.
4. Lightly butter a small shallow baking tray and using your hands, press the mixture into the tray, ensuring an even thickness.
5. Allow to rest for about 30 minutes and pre-heat the oven to 150°C (Gas Mark 2).
6. Place the vanilla shortbread into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until light golden brown in color.
7. Remove the vanilla shortbread from the oven and using a dinner fork, gently make small holes all over the shortbread.
8. Dust the shortbread biscuits liberally with more vanilla or caster sugar and cut into small finger shaped biscuits.
9. Allow the vanilla shortbread biscuits to cool completely before removing from the baking tray.
10. Serve as is or with topping of flavored whipped cream or icing of your choice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2370 Calories from Fat 1264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.4%
Saturated Fat 90.2 g451%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 376.3 mg125.4%
Sodium 23.3 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 100.6 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 87.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.3% Iron 51.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet