Classic shortbread is the ultimate butter cookie. It's very simple to make - there are only four ingredients and the dough should be hand-mixed with a spoon. I used a beautiful ceramic shortbread pan to make my batch of cookies, but you can just cut them with a knife if you don't have a special pan. These are so scrumptious you'll want to eat them all (but they do make a very pretty and tasty gift for the holidays!)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and cream it well using a spoon.
3. Once done, stir in the sugar and mix well.
4. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the flour and mix until well incorporated. Combine into a soft dough.
6. Place the dough on a wooden board and knead the dough nice and smooth.
7. Take a greased short beard pan and press the dough gently into the pan with hand making sure to even out the dough. Take a fork and make holes in the dough to avoid any air bubbles.
8. Bake this in the preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
9. Once done, remove and cool the short bread for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the short beard onto a board and using a sharp knife slice the warm short beard into desired pieces.
10. Serve the short beard with tea or coffee.