Gran always said the secret to her shortbread recipe was using rice flour. You end up with something that will just melt on your tongue, leaving a huge grin on your face. You can bake this recipe as rolled and cut-out cookies, or in a fancy stoneware shortbread mold... or as we've always done; a shaped round that is cut into wedges after cooking.
2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 pound)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
All purpose flour
4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)
1) Preheat the oven to 275ºF.
2) In a stand mixer bowl, add the butter and sugar, mix on a low speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Add salt into the flour, turn into the mixer bowl and mix until the flour is just incorporated and comes together.
4) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
5) Cut out circles with a cookie cutter and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
6) Prick surfaces with a fork to avoid bubbling during baking and freeze until firm for atleast 20 minutes.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until golden on the bottom and pale to golden on top.
8) Remove the shortbread cookies and allow to cool on wire rack.
9) Serve the shortbread cookies on cooling or store in an airtight container until needed.
Are you baking for the holiday season? This holiday shortbread cookie can be just right for the kids at your home. This video describes the easy process on how to prepare these cookies. Follow the directions carefully and enjoy your holiday with these delicious cookies.