Tips To Identify Rotten Peach
Peaches are beautiful and delicious to eat but it is sad when you are faced with rotten peaches. However, what is sadder is when you don't know how to identify rotten peaches. We bring you some tips on identifying rotten peaches, so that you can make the most of this fruit before it gets too late:
Characteristic Signs Of A Rotting Peach
1) On an unripe peach, the symptoms of rot appear as small circular spots, that may enlarge or coalesce.
2) A mature peach may show deeper lesions, which enlarge rapidly.
3) Another symptom to identify rotten peach is to look for spore masses that are tan to grey in color. These are evident all over the fruit.
4) A typically diseased peach would be shriveled and would be either brown or black or in between.
5) Apart from the peach fruit, you may also identify rotten peach through other symptoms like its shoots, which, when infected, develop cankers, which may be sunken, brown in color and elliptical in shape. The shoots may also become gummy.
6) The blighted blossoms of a rotten peach tree turn brown in color.
Apart from above, you may also identify rotten peach by picking the fruit in your palm and squeezing it gently. If it appears just firm enough, it is perfect to be eaten but if it appears just squidgy or if your thumb just goes deep into the flesh, it is rotten from the inside. We hope these tips will be helpful for you in choosing the right peach for your family.