Gift Pasta: How To Tips & Ideas
Pasta is one of the most easily available and thoughtful gift idea for any occasion, especially if the recipient is a pasta-lover. Here are some tips and tricks to help you choose the right pasta for a gift and present it suitably.
How to Choose the Best Pasta to Gift
Buy different types of pasta to add variety to your gift. Go for various shapes including long pastas, such as spaghetti and fettuccine, or short pastas, such as penne and rotini. Gourmet pasta in unique shapes, such as bow ties, angel hair, or shells may also be purchased from a specialty store so as to add a touch of elegance to the gift.
Things to Gift with Pasta
Choose any of the following things to accompany your pasta -
- Buy jars of pasta sauce. Pick up different varieties including a simple marinara, a pesto, vodka sauce, and a Bolognese.
- Gift a pasta platter that contains different pasta varieties along with pasta sauces.
- Pick up different dried herbs, such as parsley, thyme, basil, and oregano, which add a nice flavor to the dish. Do not forget a wedge of Parmesan cheese.
- You can even pick a good wine to go with the pasta. Choose something that will go with more than pasta dish so that your recipient can enjoy it for longer.
- Lastly, buy an Italian cookbook in order to complete the basket. This book should have several different pasta recipes which can be tried at home by the recipient.
- You may also cook up interesting pasta recipes and gift them.
Packaging Ideas for Presenting Pasta
For making the base of the gift, buy a large pasta bowl or the one that you like. Decorate it so that the gift looks pleasing. You can even choose a basket to bind and present the different parts of the gift together.