How To Buy Apple
One should learn how to buy apple to relish the wondrous taste of the fruit. Here you can see things to consider while buying apples.
How to buy apple
- When you visit stores to buy apples make sure to look for those that are fresh, firm and brightly colored.
- Take the apple in your hand; check it thoroughly for any soft part. When the apples are too soft it is not a good idea to buy those.
- On the other hand, the outer layer should be firm and not squashy.
- The color of the apple determines whether the apple is in good condition. If they are blackish or dark brown color, then it is better to avoid them.
- Buying apples from the pile has some advantageous over buying apples in bags.
- When it is in pile you get the opportunity to check each and every apple.
- When they are in bags, try to feel the apples and then buy. Some time in bags you can find one or two ripened apples that are no longer suitable for consumption
- However bulk buying is cheaper, so when to prefer to buy those check the apples by turning the bag upside down.
- Do not buy bruised apples, if the apple is damaged, polyphenoloxidase are released by the injured cell that increases the oxidation of phenols, which, in turn, creates brownish pigments which darkens the fruit.
- Nowadays people go for organic apples, these apples are grown in a chemical or pesticides free environment. It better to buy organic apples, but you can also buy the other apples in the stores, but make sure to wash it thoroughly before use.
- Also wax coating in the apples are considered harmful. However you can remove them before eating else opt for apples without wax coating.
- You can also buy your favorite variety online, but beware of fake sites.
This great fruit can be consumed raw or can be used in cooking. Apple pie, Apple pudding and Apple ice cream are anytime favorites for all. When you learn how to buy apple, it would help you to pick apples that can satiate you.
Image credits: 2.bp.blogspot.com