Bring on the antioxidants! Julie Morris shares a delicious new way to make jam - made from super foods like acai berries and chia seeds.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Is Best)
Syrup of maple
1. Mix together the chia seeds with the apple juice in a small bowl or glass.
2. Allow to sit for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring once.
3. After the chia has gelatinized, mix in the acai powder, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
4. Add in a touch of Stevia for additional sweetness, if desired.
5. For best results, allow mixture to set for 30 minutes before serving.
6. It will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Use as required.