Peanut and Cumin Pate
|Peanuts||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Dessert apple||1 Medium|
|Concentrated apple juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a microwave, roast the peanuts for 4-5 minutes by occasionally shaking the dish.
3. Add cumin seeds and roast for about a minute.
4. Add the nuts to oven and roast.
5. Adjust oven at gas 5, 375°F (190°C) and add the peanuts and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in cumin seeds and roast for another 2 minutes.
6. Slightly cool the mixture and blend it along with remaining ingredients using steel blade of a food processor or liquidizer until the mixture turns smooth.
7. Season the pate according to taste.
8. Serve the pate with toast, bread or biscuits. Or serve with celery sticks, or date stuffing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 492.2 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 24.6 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet