Poppy Seed Cardamom Waffles
|Soy milk/Sweet / sour milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Safflower / canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) The waffle iron is preheated after brushing it with a mixture of oil and liquid lecithin or melted butter.
2) All ingredients, except poppy seeds, are blended well in a food processor.
3) The blender is stopped and the sides are scrapped with the help of rubber spatula.
4) Poppy seeds are added and the processor is run again a couple of times.
5) The waffles are baked (using 1/3 cup per waffle).
6) When the light on the iron goes off, it is an indication that the waffles are done.
7) They are served hot with a topping of honey or maple syrup.