Stir Fried Kidneys
|Tamari soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Kidneys||2 Pound (Veal / Pork / Lamb)|
|Green onions with tops||4 , sliced into 1-inch pieces|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Combine tamari, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
2) Prepare kidneys by cleaning and getting rid of any membranes attached.
3) Cut into slices.
4) Place the kidney slices in tamari-cornstarch mixture, cover, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
5) Heat oil in a heavy skillet or wok until medium hot.
6) Add kidney mixture and stir-fry 1 minute.
7) Stir in onions and sesame seeds and continue to stir-fry about 5 minutes longer, or until pinkness of kidneys is completely gone.
8) Serve the hot stir-fry kidneys immediately as side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1362 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 3728.9 mg1243%
Sodium 2920.4 mg121.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 164 g328.2%
Vitamin A 265.5% Vitamin C 178.2%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 252.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet