Poppy Seed Layer Cake
|Poppy seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Egg whites||4 , stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Take two 8" layer pans and line them with wax papers.
2) Into the milk, add in the poppy seeds. Let the mixture stand for about 1 hour.
3) In a bowl, cream the shortening and sugar to get a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Sieve together the baking powder along with the flour and salt.
5) Add in the sieved ingredients into the creamed mixture, alternating it with the poppy seed milk.
6) Gently fold in the egg whites, a little at a time.
7) Transfer the batter into the layer pans.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Let the pans cool down completely before unmoulding the Poppy Seed Layer cake.
10) Frost the Poppy Seed Layer Cream with Sour Cream Frosting.