Braided Seed Rounds
|Sifted all-purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Quick rising dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (125 To 130 F)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (Room Temperature)|
1) Take a 9-inch round layered cake pan and lightly grease it.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine 6 1/2 cups flour, salt, yeast and sugar in it. Add butter and hot water. Beat until mixture turns smooth. Gently stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour to form soft dough.
3) Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes. Place an inverted bowl over the dough and leave aside to rise for 15 minutes.
4) Divide dough into half and place one half piece under the bowl. Partition the remaining dough into 3 pieces of equal size. Roll out each piece into a 16 inch long rope.
5) Take 3 pieces of wax paper and cut in 18 inches length. Spread poppy seeds on the first, sesame seeds on the second and wheat germ on the third.
6) Beat together 1 teaspoon of water and egg white in a bowl. Brush all three ropes with the egg mixture and roll each one on a different sheet with along with the seeds.
7) Lay down the ropes on a flat surface and braid gently together. Coil and place braid on a prepared pan. Sprinkle any extra seeds on the braid and cover loosely. Refrigerate overnight. Follow the same process for the remaining dough.
8) Preheat oven to 350° F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place bread on a wire rack along with the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
9) Serve at lunch of dinner.