Poppy Seed Goodies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with fat or oil.
3. In a bowl cream butter, brown sugar and honey until light and fluffy.
4. Beat well adding egg and vanilla.
5. In another bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with soda, salt and mace.
6. Mix well adding to creamed mixture along with poppy seed and rolled oats.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
9. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
10. Serve the Poppy Seed Goodies alongside tea or coffee or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3005 Calories from Fat 1097
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.4%
Saturated Fat 63.2 g316%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1297.3 mg54.1%
Total Carbohydrates 419 g139.7%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.6%
Sugars 178 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 69.4% Iron 109.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet