Tasty Flax cracker snack
|Flax seeds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Fresh garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
1. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Add water if a little too dry.
2. Press mixture flat onto a Paraflexx sheet into a large square or rectangle, making sure that the mixture stands only a few millimetres tall. (The thicker the cracker the harder to eat and the longer to dry).
3. Score the size of crackers you’d like with a knife or spatula before dehydrating. (I usually score the large square 3x3 or 4x4 depending on what I want to use them for).
4. Dehydrate around 115°F - 125°F overnight and flip over once one side is dry. Dry to completion.
5. Store in an airtight container, somewhere close to hand for when the cravings strike!
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 49.5 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet