Turkey Paupiettes With Cumin
|Turkey escalopes/700 gram 1 1/4 pound turkey fillet||8|
|Pork sausage meat/Sausages||1 Pound, skinned (450 Gram)|
|Mango chutney||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Salted peanuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Parsnips||1 Pound, peeled and sliced (450 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound, skinned and sliced (450 Gram)|
|Ground cumin||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Desiccated coconut||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
1. Flatten the turkey escalopes or fillet between two sheets of greaseproof paper into eight thin pieces. Season them well.
2. Mix the sausagemeat with 30 ml (2 level tbsp) of the chutney, the nuts and seasoning. Divide the mixture among the escalopes. Roll them up and secure them with wooden cocktail sticks.
3. Put the butter and oil into a shallow ovenproof casserole and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the parsnips and onions. Three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8—10 minutes until the vegetables have softened, stirring frequently.
4. Stir the cumin, flour and coconut into the parsnips and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock and remaining chutney and season well with salt and pepper. Place the turkey paupiettes on top of the vegetables in a single layer. Cover the dish with a lid or cling film, pulling back one corner to vent.
5. Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes until boiling, giving the dish a quarter turn three times during cooking. Reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for 25-30 minutes until the turkey is tender, giving the dish a quarter turn three times during cooking. Carefully remove the cocktail sticks and skim any excess fat from the surface. Cover and leave the turkey paupiettes to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4759 Calories from Fat 2419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 274 g421.1%
Saturated Fat 100.6 g503.2%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 1149 mg383%
Sodium 5784.7 mg241%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.6%
Dietary Fiber 46 g183.9%
Sugars 74.9 g
Protein 343 g686.7%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 192.6%
Calcium 63.4% Iron 172.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet