Sunflower Seed Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached white flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sunflower seed kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and stir into creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the oats, sunflower seed kernels, and wheat germ.
5. Place teaspoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5616 Calories from Fat 2154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g380.8%
Saturated Fat 126.5 g632.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg302.3%
Sodium 2622.2 mg109.3%
Total Carbohydrates 760 g253.4%
Dietary Fiber 60.4 g241.7%
Sugars 282.1 g
Protein 113 g225.4%
Vitamin A 122.6% Vitamin C 0.85%
Calcium 65.2% Iron 203.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet