Sunflower Seed Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached white flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sunflower seed kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and stir into creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the oats, sunflower seed kernels, and wheat germ.
5. Place teaspoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.