Grilled seafood is a food preparation which involves grilling fish on a preheated and oiled grill until opaque. Due to the delicacy of seafood, it is recommended to mist it with cooking spray before being grilled. The seafood is often marinated prior to grilling process, so as to attain best flavors. A few popular marinades for seafood consist of mustard orange marmalade, North African herb paste, and lemon-garlic marinade. There are several types of seafood or fish which can be prepared with grilling method, with a few popular ones consisting of tuna, shrimp, salmon, and halibut.
Popular Grilled Seafood Recipes
A few popular grilled seafood recipes have been discussed as under:
- Grilled halibut with fresh tomato salsa- olive oil and lime juice coated halibut steaks are covered with plastic and refrigerated for around fifteen minutes before being grilled on pre heated and oiled grill rack. This dish perfectly pairs along with fresh tomato salsa prepared by combining diced tomato flesh with cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Grilled salmon steaks with mustard-orange marinade- salmon is marinated in refrigerator in a mix of mustard, scallions, and orange juice for around fifteen minutes before being grilled until opaque, and served after seasoning with pepper and salt.
- Grilled tuna with olive relish- olive oil rubbed and seasoned tuna is grilled until seared and served with lemon wedges and olive relish prepared by combining together olives, parsley, garlic, celery, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, pepper, and salt,
- Grilled salmon with North African flavors- the grilled seafood recipe for this dish suggests using North African herb paste in the form of both sauce and as a marinade for salmon. The herb paste used for this dish is a mix of yogurt, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Salmon is marinated in this herb paste for around half an hour in refrigerator in a plastic bag, and then grilled on an oiled grill rack until opaque. The dish is served with lemon wedges and already reserved herb paste.
- Grilled lemon-bay shrimp- shrimp is marinated in a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and minced garlic cloves, and then grilled after arranging it onto skewers along with oil coated lemon wedges and bay leaves.
Nutrition and Health Facts
Grilled seafood is enriched with the goodness of seafood which is low in calories, cholesterol, saturated fats, and high in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, minerals like iron, calcium, iodine, and selenium, and vitamins A, B, D, and E. Seafood is well known for being a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in maintaining appropriate heart health.