Stir Fried Calamari
|For the squids|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (mixture of black and white pepper)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the stir fry|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||2 Medium, chop (cut long on the diagonal)|
|Green chilies||2 Small, chop (cut long on the diagonal)|
|Ginger peice||1 Small, julienned|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), slice|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, wedged|
1. Clean and cut open flat, scored and cut the squids into triangles.
2. Diagonally cut the green onions, green chilies, cut the ginger in julienne and thinly slice the garlic, set aside.
3. Finely chop the cilantro, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the squid, black and white pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder, salt to taste, cornstarch and flour. Mix everything well until all the squids are well coated.
5. Preheat a wok with oil over medium heat.
6. Deep fry the calamari into small batches do not over crowd, fry for less than 3 minutes.
7. Once done drain the excess oil in a paper towel, set the calamari aside.
8. In another clean wok pour 1 tablespoon of oil and over medium high heat sauté the ginger, garlic green chilies and stiry fry for ½ a minute.
9. Toss in Calamari and green onions and stir-fry for a final minute.
10. Serve the stir fried calamari with a garnish of fresh cilantro and lemon wedge.