Sea Scallops, Red Peppers, And Marjoram Angel Hair Pasta
|Red bell peppers||4|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes/Hot hungarian paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram leaves||3 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably Sauvigon Blanc)|
|Bottled clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Large sea scallops||1 Pound, rinsed, trimmed of small muscle attached to side and patterd dry, sliced horizontally, if large|
|Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce, dried|
|Fresh black pepper||To Taste, a few grinds|
|Snipped chives||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1. On a grill under an open gas flame, place the peppers and roast them, also cook by rotating peppers on all sides, for 10 minutes till the pepper skins turn black.
2. In a bowl, transfer the roasted peppers and cover with plastic wrap, let it cool for 15 minutes
3. Start peeling off the charred skin, by using your hands, make sure to discard the cores, stems, and seeds, now dice the roasted peppers and set aside
4. In a large pot, pour salted water and boil over high heat 5. Meanwhile, take a skillet and in it, pour the olive oil and heat it over medium-high heat
6. Now add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, also add the pepper flakes and marjoram and cook for 1 minute, till it turns soft
7. In a skillet, add the diced roasted peppers, white wine, and clam juice , cook for 5 minutes, till the quantity of liquid is reduced by half, remove the pan from the heat but keep warm
8. Take a medium nonstick skillet, and heat it over medium-high heat.
9. Take the pan, and brush it with oil to coat the pan lightly, add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes, till it is well scorched and golden, flip the scallops to the other side and cook for 1 minute, don't overcook it.
8. In a pot, pour water and boil it, then add pasta to the boiling water and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, now drain the pasta, transfer to the pan whicg has pepper sauce in it, now season to taste with black pepper
9. In a pot, pour the sauce and boil it, cook for 2 minutes, till the sauce can be coated over pasta, also add the scallops and flip it to combine
10. Serve the pasta and scallops sprinkled with the chives