Iron Plate Sizzled Seafood
|Squid||4 Ounce, cleaned (115 Gram)|
|Uncooked prawns||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thick)|
|Mange-tout/Broccoli / green pepper / any greens||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Spring onion||1 , cut into short sections|
|Fresh ginger root piece||4|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. To prepare the squid blanch as for Deep-Fried Squid .
2. Shell and de-vein the prawns, then cut each one in half lengthways.
3. Cut each scallop into 3-4 slices.
4. Mix the prawns and scallops with the egg white and cornflour paste.
5. Top and tail the mange-tout or cut the other green vegetables into thin slices.
6. Cut the carrot into thin slices.
7. Heat the iron-plate before you heat the oil in a preheated wok.
8. In the wok blanch the seafood for about 30 seconds, remove and drain.
9. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok.
10. Add the spring onion, ginger, and vegetables and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
11. Add the salt and sugar followed by the seafood, stir for a few times.
12. Then add the Teriyaki sauce, wine and sesame oil, blending well.
13. Bring the food on the hot iron-plate sizzling to the table.
14. Alternately put the food on a warm dish and bring it to the table, then pour it into the iron-plate just before serving.
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg40.8%
Sodium 413.4 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 49.2% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet