Iron Plate Sizzled Seafood
|Squid||4 Ounce, cleaned (115 Gram)|
|Uncooked prawns||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thick)|
|Mange-tout/Broccoli / green pepper / any greens||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Spring onion||1 , cut into short sections|
|Fresh ginger root piece||4|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. To prepare the squid blanch as for Deep-Fried Squid .
2. Shell and de-vein the prawns, then cut each one in half lengthways.
3. Cut each scallop into 3-4 slices.
4. Mix the prawns and scallops with the egg white and cornflour paste.
5. Top and tail the mange-tout or cut the other green vegetables into thin slices.
6. Cut the carrot into thin slices.
7. Heat the iron-plate before you heat the oil in a preheated wok.
8. In the wok blanch the seafood for about 30 seconds, remove and drain.
9. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok.
10. Add the spring onion, ginger, and vegetables and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
11. Add the salt and sugar followed by the seafood, stir for a few times.
12. Then add the Teriyaki sauce, wine and sesame oil, blending well.
13. Bring the food on the hot iron-plate sizzling to the table.
14. Alternately put the food on a warm dish and bring it to the table, then pour it into the iron-plate just before serving.