Mixed Seafood With Vegetables
|Squid||6 Ounce, cleaned (175 Gram)|
|Prawns||4 Ounce, uncooked (115 Gram)|
|Cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon (Thick)|
|Seasoned oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Root ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into short sections|
|Celery stalks||3 , thinly sliced diagonally|
|Carrot||1 Small, thinly sliced diagonally|
|Red peppers||1 Small, cored, seeded, cut into small pieces|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||4 Drop|
1. To prepare the squid blanch it as for Deep-Fried Squid.
2. Shell and de-vein the prawns, then cut each one in half lengthways.
3. Cut each scallop into 3-4 slices.
4. In a bowl mix the prawns and scallops with the egg white and half of the cornflour paste.
5. In a preheated wok heat the oil until medium hot, then blanch the seafood for about 30-40 seconds, remove and drain.
6. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the wok.
7. Add the ginger and spring onions to flavor the oil first.
8. Then add the vegetables, stir-fry for about 1 minute and add the salt and sugar.
9. Continue stirring for another minute, then blend well adding the seafood, soy sauce and wine.
10. Add the stock and thicken this gravy with the remaining cornflour paste.
11. Add the sesame oil and serve hot.
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.9 mg51.6%
Sodium 974.9 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 66.3% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet