A Special Seafood Dinner
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Frozen potato puffs||16 Ounce (1 package)|
|Croissants||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for cooking)|
|Frozen fillets of sole/Halibut||16 Ounce, cut into fourths (1 package)|
|Fresh oysters||1⁄2 Pint (optional)|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas and onions||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian style salad dressing||2 Tablespoon (as required, Prepared)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 stick, for serving)|
1. Break greens into salad bowl. Wash cherry tomatoes; cut in half; add to greens. Refrigerate until serving.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Arrange the potato puffs on cookie sheet.
4. Wrap croissants loosely in foil.
5. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sautÃ© the onion for 3 minutes, or until limp.
6. Arrange the fish pieces on top of onion in skillet. If using oysters, pour with juice over fish.
7. Season with salt and white pepper, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 3 pieces lemon. Add a bay leaf and 1/2 cup white wine.
8. Cover and poach fish over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until it flakes easily with fork.
9. Heat potato puffs according to package directions, keep warm
10. Heat croissants in bottom of oven. Keep warm
11. Cook peas and onions as package label directs. Keep warm
12. With slotted spatula, lift out fish, draining well. Arrange on shallow, heat proof serving dish.
13. Remove lemon and bay leaf.
14. In small bowl, combine flour and milk, stirring until smooth.
15. Into fish stock in skillet, stir flour mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
16. Spoon over fish.
17. If desired, place under broiler until golden.
18. Garnish with lemon slices.
19. Toss salad with dressing.
20. Drain vegetables and add remaining tablespoon butter.
21. Serve with potato puffs and croissants.