An Elegant Seafood Dinner
|For the salad:|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Wax beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Walnut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved|
|Prepared salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boston leaves||9 , washed, crisped|
|For the salmon:|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salmon steaks||2 (3/4-Inch Thick Slices)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped topping||5 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Croissants||250 Gram, frozen (For Accompaniments, 1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Add de-stemmed greens and wax beans that have been cut into 2-inch pieces. Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
3) In a medium skillet, add water, white wine, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Let the mixture come to boil.
4) In a skillet, saute the salmon steaks covered for 12 minutes on simmer. The steak is cooked when the fish flakes easily.
5) Drain the beans into a colander. Dip the colander into a large pot of cold water. Drain.
6) Add in walnuts and prepared salad dressing into the cooled beans and toss well. Line the serving bowl with Boston Lettuce leaves. Add the beans into the center of the plate. Chill.
7) Hull the strawberries and add into a bowl along with rum. Transfer onto a serving bowl and chill.
8) Slice the cucumber into 8 thin slices. Keep aside for garnish. Pare, seed and chop the rest of the cucumber.
9) Warm the Croissants in the oven.
10) Transfer the salmon steaks onto a serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Strain 3/4 cup of broth.
11) In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute the chopped cucumber for 3 minutes.
12) Into the food processor, transfer the sauted cucumber along with two sprigs of parsley and dill and 2 tablespoons of fish broth. Blend to get a smooth paste.
13) In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix in flour. Slowly, add in the remaining fish broth and cucumber puree. Cook till the mixture thickens.
14) Serve the chilled Beans Salad, with extra dressing on the side if desired.
15) Drizzle a little of the thickened cucumber sauce around the salmon steaks. Arrange the cucumber slices around the platter. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
16) Arrange the warm croissants in a bread basket.
17) For dessert, add the whipped topping over the chilled strawberries.