Bucatini With Tomatoes And Seafood
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 good pinch)|
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Liter, drained and pureed (5 cups)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fish stock/Water||185 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Baby clams||12 , cleaned (fresh or bottled)|
|Calamari||5 Ounce, cleaned, sliced into rings (squid)|
|Shrimp meat||5 Ounce, uncooked, cut into pieces (150 gram)|
|White fish fillets||5 Ounce, cut into pieces (150 gram)|
|Turmeric||2 Teaspoon (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Saffron powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (pure)|
|Bucatini||1 Pound (450 gram)|
1) In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in the butter and oil over a low heat for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the parsley and thyme, then stir in the tomatoes.
3) Season with the salt and pepper to taste, cook, covered, over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
4) Uncover and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
5) Stir in the fish stock and bring to the boil. Then stir in rest of the ingredients and simmer until the clams open and the seafood is cooked.
6) Adjust the seasoning and discard any unopened clams.
7) In a pan, cook the bucatini in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain, transfer on a heated serving dish and stir in the sauce.
8) Serve the Bucatini with Tomatoes and Seafood, immediately on individual serving plates.