Fried Shrimp Balls
|Raw shrimp||8 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Pork fat||1⁄4 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Chop together the shrimps, fat and water chestnuts, until very fine.
2) Place the shrimp mixture in a bowl, blend in the egg whites, flour, salt, pepper and water.
3) Mix with the hand until the mixture begins to turn pink.
4) Pick up and slap down on a hard surface until mixture adheres.
5) Shape 1 table spoon of the mixture into walnut size balls.
6) Roll the shrimp balls into cornstarch.
7) In a wok heat the fat to 360°F and fry the balls until puffed and golden brown.
8) Drain on paper napkins.
9) Serve the Fried Shrimp Balls, hot with coconut chilli dip, desired.