Fried Shrimp Balls
|Raw shrimp||8 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Pork fat||1⁄4 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Chop together the shrimps, fat and water chestnuts, until very fine.
2) Place the shrimp mixture in a bowl, blend in the egg whites, flour, salt, pepper and water.
3) Mix with the hand until the mixture begins to turn pink.
4) Pick up and slap down on a hard surface until mixture adheres.
5) Shape 1 table spoon of the mixture into walnut size balls.
6) Roll the shrimp balls into cornstarch.
7) In a wok heat the fat to 360°F and fry the balls until puffed and golden brown.
8) Drain on paper napkins.
9) Serve the Fried Shrimp Balls, hot with coconut chilli dip, desired.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 469.9 mg156.6%
Sodium 548.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 64 g127.3%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet