Braised Shrimp Balls
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced scallions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peppers||3 , cut into 1/2 inch squares (green and red variety)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ham slice||2 , julienned|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced peeled tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Wash and drain the shrimps, chop them very fine.
2) Place the shrimp in a bowl, stir in the eggs, 1 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch, pepper, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 table spoon of soy sauce, 2 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of oil.
3) Mix very well the hand.
4) Pick up and slap down on a hard surface until spongy.
5) Shape 1 table spoon of the mixture into walnut size balls.
6) In a shallow pan boil water with salt.
7) Drop a few shrimp balls at a time in the boiling water.
8) Cover the pan and cook until the shrimp balls rise to top.
9) Remove and drain the shrimp balls.
10) In skillet heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the scallions, celery, peppers, mushrooms and ham for 2 minutes.
11) In a bowl mix together the remaining salt, cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar with the water, add to the skillet.
12) Add tomatoes, Tabasco and shrimp balls.
13) Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
14) Serve the Braised shrimp balls hot on the bed of rice.