Tasty Crab Cakes
|White crab meat/Canned crab meat||1 Pound, cooked|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Melted butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Mix crab meat, bread crumbs, onion, mustard power, paprika and cayenne pepper.
2. Add beaten egg and lemon juice to dry ingredients.
3. Moisten with enough mayonnaise to make a mixture you can mold.
4. Season to taste.
5. Shape mixture into flat cakes.
6. Dust well with flour.
7. Chill 15 minutes on wax paper.
8. Fry cakes in melted butter until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, dip in melted butter, then broil, turning once, until browned on both sides.