|White bread slice||3 , crusts removed, torn into small pieces|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Carp roe/Smoked cod roe||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Tarama)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
1) In a food processor, place the bread, onion, and garlic.
2) Switch on and off about 5 times.
3) Add the fish roe and process just until smooth.
4) As the machine is running, drizzle in the lemon juice through the feed tube.
5) Drop by drop, drizzle in the olive oil and process until it is completely blended
6) Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
7) Carefully fold in the creme fraiche and season with pepper.
8) Refrigerate covered for an hour before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.2 mg99.7%
Sodium 406.5 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet