|Fresh mussels||5 Dozen|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/1 small onion||2 , thinly sliced or chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lettuce head||1 , shredded|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Remove mussels with broken shells or the ones that do not close when tapped.
2) Wash mussels under cold running water.
3) Scrub the mussel and pull away beard.
4) Using a sharp knife scrape off any barnacles.
5) Wash under running water until mussels are thoroughly cleaned.
6) Drain mussels and keep aside.
7) In a large saucepan heat oil. Sauté shallots or onion, sauté for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
8) Add wine, salt, pepper, and mussels.
9) Cover the pan and bring to a boil.
10) Cook for 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally until mussels open.
11) Remove the ones that do not open. Reserve the liquid.
12) Take out cooked mussels from shells.
13) Boil cooking liquid until reduced to 1/4 cup and cool.
14) In a serving dish or individual dishes, place shredded lettuce.
15) Place cooled mussels on lettuce.
16) Add olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley and pour over mussels.
17) Serve immediately.