|Cooked crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Pick over the crabmeat very carefully, taking our and discarding all bits of the shell.
2) In a skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion over low heat till it has turned transparent.
3) Add the breadcrumbs and blend properly.
4) Stir in the cleaned crabmeat, the beaten eggs as well as the seasoning.
5) Add just enough heavy cream to hold the mixture together.
6) Shape the mixture into 6 flat cakes and then roll each cake in flour.
7) In butter or oil, sauté the cakes till they have all nicely browned on both the sides and have thoroughly heated.
8) Serve hot with lemon butter and tartar sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1585 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.1%
Saturated Fat 43.7 g218.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1044.9 mg348.3%
Sodium 7407.4 mg308.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 120 g240.7%
Vitamin A 68.8% Vitamin C 99.8%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 61.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet