Seafood with Vegetables
|Uncooked prawns||6 Ounce, headless (Am175 G)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Celery sticks||3 , sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2 , peeled and shredded|
|Spring onions||3 , chopped|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili bean paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (To Finish)|
1. Prepare scallops by cutting each one into 3 or 4 pieces.
2. Prepare the prawns by removing the black vein running along the back and making 2 or 3 pieces of them if they are large.
3. In a bowl along with egg white and cornflour, put the prawns and mix well.
4. In a deep wok heat vegetable oil and deep-fry scallops and prawns for 1 minute.
5. Using a slotted spoon remove the prawns, drain and place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
6. From the wok retain 2 tablespoons of oil and pour off the rest.
7. Into the pan on high heat stir-fry the celery, sliced red pepper, carrots, ginger and spring onions for about 1 minute.
8. Then stir fry adding sherry, soy sauce, chilli bean paste and salt.
9. Using the remaining cornflour make a paste by mixing with water and add to the wok.
10. Stir the mixture such that it thickens and mixes with the seafood and vegetables.
11. Serve after sprinkling with sesame oil and optional garnish.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.6 mg28.2%
Sodium 1085 mg45.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 127.1% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet