Stir Fried Seafood And Vegetables
|Cleaned squid||1 Pound, tentacles quartered if large|
|Mirin/Dry sherry||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Japanese Sweet Rice Wine)|
|Ginger juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Slice Or Two Fresh Ginger, Squeezed In Garlic Press To Extract Liquid)|
|Soy sauce||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||18 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , julienned|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||6 , soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, stems removed and julienned|
|Green onions||2 , cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths|
|Shrimp||4 Large, shelled and cut in half length wise|
|Scallops||4 , sliced into disks 1/4 inch thick|
1. Make an incision on squid’s body sac on one side and open flat. Score small crisscross patterns on the inner portion of squid and then cut squid into 1 inch squares in terms with score lines.
2. Add scored squid to ginger juice, 1 tbsp water and mirin and marinate for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the marinated squid to boiling water and blanch for 2 seconds till squid turn opaque and curl. Drain and keep aside.
4. Prepare a mixture of mirin, stock, soy sauce, pepper, oyster sauce, sesame oil, pepper, 4 tbsp of water and cornstarch and keep aside.
5. Add few tablespoons oil to a hot wok and stir fry garlic and ginger for few seconds.
6. Stir fry green pepper, celery, green onions and mushrooms in the mixture for about 10 seconds. Mix the scallops and shrimp and cook to allow shrimp become pink. Add squid, followed by the well-mixed cornstarch mixture.
7. Allow mixture to cook, stirring well, to thicken the sauce.
8. Serve atop Cantonese fried noodles or along with rice.