Sherried Tomato Seafood Bisque
|Peeled tomatoes||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Use beef bouillon cubes and water / canned beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Small, sliced|
|Carrots||2 Small, sliced|
|Uncooked rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Piece of bay leaf||1 Small|
|Ground thyme||1 Pinch|
|Crab meat/Shrimp / lobster||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked and cut into pieces|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thin lemon slices||3|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Put tomatoes, broth, vegetables, rice, and seasonings (tie seasonings in a cheesecloth bag) into a kettle. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Remove from heat and discard cheesecloth bag. Put all ingredients into a blender and whirl until smooth.
3. Just before serving add fish; simmer until heated through.
4. Heat cream slightly and add to tomato mixture. Season to taste.
5. Add a dash of sherry; garnish with lemon slices and chopped parsley; serve at once. Pass croutons and extra sherry.