Low Country Seafood Boil
|Potatoes||6 Large, halved|
|Sweet onions||4 Large, halved|
|Live blue crabs||1 Dozen|
|Crab boil||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Garlic buds||3 (Whole)|
|Lemons||6 , halved|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ears of fresh corn||1 Dozen|
|Unpeeled shrimp||5 Pound|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocktail sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Take a 5-6 gallon pot, fill with 2/3rd water and allow boiling.
2. Once boiled, put potatoes, onion and salt and let the ingredients cook on high flame for 20 minutes after covering.
3. Add crabs, crab boil, garlic, lemons and vinegar and let them cook for 10 minutes.
4. Once done, lower the flame and put corn.
5. Cook for 5 more minutes and when done turn the heat off; put shrimps and let them stay in water for 5 minutes.
6. Strain the water and place the crab, shrimp, corn and potatoes on serving platter.
7. Serve warm tossed with melted butter and cocktail sauce.