Crispy Fried Crab Cakes
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound, drained, flaked|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Heat butter and stir in onion, celery, and green pepper.
2. Stir well and cook until the vegetables are soft.
3. Mix crabmeat, vegetable, stuffing mix, flour, eggs, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper.
4. Shape the mixture into patties which have ½ inch thickness and 3 inch diameter.
5. Heat the oil at 360 degrees and put patty in it.
6. Fry until golden.
7. Take the fried patty out on paper towels.
8. Serve warm with dips