Crispy Fried Crab Cakes
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound, drained, flaked|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Heat butter and stir in onion, celery, and green pepper.
2. Stir well and cook until the vegetables are soft.
3. Mix crabmeat, vegetable, stuffing mix, flour, eggs, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper.
4. Shape the mixture into patties which have ½ inch thickness and 3 inch diameter.
5. Heat the oil at 360 degrees and put patty in it.
6. Fry until golden.
7. Take the fried patty out on paper towels.
8. Serve warm with dips
Calories 1939 Calories from Fat 1472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.3%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324.4 mg108.1%
Sodium 2204.9 mg91.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 31 g61.8%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 65.8%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet