Hot Seafood Hors D Oeuvres
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Frozen shelled deveined shrimp||1 Pound (Raw)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen, Raw)|
|Frozen cooked codfish balls||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hollandaise sauce||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Cocktail sauce||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet. Save remaining 2 tablespoons for Step 3. Add frozen shrimps and garlic; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes, or just until the shrimps are thawed and tender; remove from heat but keep hot.
2. While shrimps cook, wash fresh scallops under cold running water; drain. (Or partly thaw frozen scallops.) Cut any large scallops in bite-size pieces.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a second medium-size skillet; add scallops. Cook slowly, stirring often, 5 to 8 minutes, or until the scallops are tender; keep hot.
4. Heat codfish balls, keep hot.
5. Heat hollandaise sauce just until piping hot in top of double boiler over simmering water. (Don't let the water boil.) Heat the cocktail sauce to boiling in small saucepan.
6. When ready to serve, pile shrimps, scallops and codfish balls in separate mounds in chafing .dish; sprinkle parsley over shrimps and paprika over scallops. Spoon hollandaise and cocktail sauces into separate small bowls. Set out wooden picks for spearing and dunking seafood morsels.