Deviled Crab Bake
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned crab meat/1 pound fresh crab meat||12 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 6 1/4 Ounces Each)|
|Hard cooked eggs||4 , shelled|
|Coarsely crumbled soda crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Saute onion in butter or margarine just until softened in medium-size saucepan. Stir in the flour, mustard and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles. Stir in milk slowly; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, red-pepper seasoning and parsley.
3. Drain and flake crab meat, removing any bony tissue. Chop 3 eggs coarsely. (Save 1 egg for topping in Step 5.)
4. Stir crab meat, eggs and 1/2 cup cracker crumbs into sauce mixture. Spoon into buttered, shallow, 6-cup baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup crumbs over.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 20 minutes, or until bubbly-hot. Slice the remaining egg; arrange on top; garnish with parsley, if you like.