Hotchef'S Stir-Fried Mixed Seafood with Rice
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Jumbo shrimps||4 , shells removed and deveined|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Bakalo||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked in water for 12 hours|
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced okra||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dende oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lobster stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or any other stock)|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Calamari||2 , cubed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked herb rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cashews||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a skillet, heat oil and add in mussels, clams and shrimps and stir them.
2. Add in chopped garlic and saute until it releases its flavor.
3. Put in Bakalo, onion, tomatoes and okra and stir fry until the vegetable starts to get brown in colour.
4. Pour in dende oil, stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
5. Season it with salt and pepper.
6. Add in the crayfish, calamari and cilantro and stir to mix.
7. Add in the lemon juice and cook for few minutes.
8. In a small bowl, press the rice and invert it on a heatproof shallow bowl.
9. Place the bowl on heat and spoon the sea food stew over the rice.
10. Bring to a simmer.
11. Serve hot in the same bowl, garnished with cashews and scallions.
Calories 1432 Calories from Fat 708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.4%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 719.7 mg239.9%
Sodium 1999.2 mg83.3%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 100 g199.4%
Vitamin A 40.2% Vitamin C 87.2%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 116.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet