Family Clam Bake
|Yogurt watercress sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Littleneck clams||3 Dozen|
|Bluefish||3 Pound, dressed, with head and tail removed|
|Lobsters||6 Pound (6 In Number, 1 Pound Each)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up (1 In Number)|
|Ears of corn||6 , husks and silk removed|
|Lemon dill butter sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare Yogurt-Watercress Sauce; cover and refrigerate.
2. With stiff brush, scrub clams with running cold water until free of sand. Cut bluefish crosswise in half; wrap with double-thickness cheesecloth. Rinse seaweed thoroughly.
3. In very large kettle or clambake steamer (about 7 to 8 gallons), over high heat, heat water to boiling. Carefully, in boiling water, arrange lobster first, then chicken, clams, corn, bluefish, and seaweed, in that order; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and clams open, frequently lifting lid to let steam escape to prevent water from boiling over.
4. Prepare Lemon-Dill Butter Sauce.
5. To serve, remove seaweed and discard. Remove cheesecloth from bluefish; cut fish into serving-sized pieces. Discard any clams that remain unopened. Strain broth in kettle through double thickness of cheesecloth.