Cockles "A How-To Guide" demonstrates just about everything about cockles. How to buy, how to check they are safe and how to cook them. They are pretty easy to cook, it takes just about a couple of minutes only. On Cockles "A How-To Guide" we get to know how to serve the lovely flavored cockles.
For steamed cockles with greek yogurt and capers
1⁄2 , zest grated and juiced
1 Kilogram, cleaned
1. Wash them really well in cold water.
2. Check if they are alive and safe to eat.
3. Put them in a large saucepan with water and a splash of lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
4. Put the lid on and boil for a couple of minutes.
5. They will open up when they are done. Just drop them straight out of the shell.
6. Serve with Greek yogurt and capers dip.