Quick Seafood Bisque
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Onions||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Finely minced garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped sea scallop/Shrimp / lobster / crabmeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Bring two cups of the water to a boil. Add the potatoes, onions, bay leaf, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and simmer until the vegetables are barely tender, about fifteen minutes, adding the selected seafood during the last five minutes of cooking.
2. Remove the bay leaf and put the mixture through a fine sieve, or puree in an electric blender.
3. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and add the remaining water. Bring to a boil and correct the seasonings.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the egg yolks blended with the cream.
5. Sprikle parsely before serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1426 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.1%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 613.8 mg204.6%
Sodium 2443.7 mg101.8%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.7%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 66 g132.7%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 301.4%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 48.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet