A Scotch Rabbit
|Stilton cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled or shredded|
|Stout||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Prepared english mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot toast||2 , buttered if preferred|
1) Into a cheese toaster, put the cheese. If preferred, put butter as well.
2) Add the stout along with the mustard and pepper to taste.
3) Over low heat, stir the mixture till it is completely dissolved.
4) Under a hot broiler, put the mixture for about 2 minutes so that the top can be browned.
5) Serve the cheese with bread pieces for dipping. If possible, keep it warm over a pan of boiling water or an alcohol burner. Once good way of serving the preparation is to serve it with dry or buttered toast on the side. The cheese mixture is ladled onto the toast and then consumed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.5%
Saturated Fat 37.6 g188.2%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 163 mg54.3%
Sodium 592.1 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet