Super easy recipe this week everyone - but it's very delicious! Try serving these pumpkin scones with a nice warm cup of apple cider. Or how about chai tea for a sophisticated spin?
All purpose flour
Pumpkin pie spice
6 Ounce, cubed and chilled
Whole pumpkin seeds
5 Ounce, toasted (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a mixer bowl, place together flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, sugar and salt.
3. Using the paddle attachment, mix the flour mixture well together.
4. Add cubed butter to the mixer bowl and blend it until it resembles coarse sand.
5. Add pumpkin puree and mix it a low speed until mixed well.
6. Add in the pumpkin seeds and mix until it combines.
7. Remove the mixer bowl, and lightly knead the dough to combine the dry ingredients settled at the bottom.
8. On a clean working table, dust little flour and place the dough, shape it into a log and divide it into 8 equal pieces.
9. Shape each dough piece into small round disc, and cut each disc into 4 quarters.
10. Place the dough quarters in a parchment lined baking tray and bake for about 14 minutes.
11. Remove the scones from oven and allow to cool in the baking tray.
12. In a bowl mix together milk and powdered sugar until well combined.
13. Fill a piping bag with the above mixture.
14. Drizzle the glaze over the scones and serve.
The dough discs can be wrapped in plastic film, stored and used as needed.