While bread is a common side for soup, cheese scones with a delicious, strong cheese and a nice hint of cayenne pepper make a perfect accompaniment as well - definitely worth a try! Do give them a try!
235 Gram (Plain flour like Kamut, 5 grams for dusting)
200 Gram (or any such cheese)
1. Start off by preheating your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, combine the Flour, Cayenne Pepper and Baking Powder in a bowl and then transfer to a food processor.
3. Add in the butter and blitz until the butter has been broken down and the mixture resembles bread-crumbs.
4. Transfer back to the mixing bowl and then stir in the grated cheese before finally adding the milk and water and mixing to form a dough.
5. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of about 2cm.
6. Cut into rounds.
7. On a cookie sheet or baking tray, arrange the cut out rounds of dough.
8. Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes until risen and golden brown.
9. Enjoy the cheese scones with a good bowl of soup!
Some delicious variations on this recipe would include chopped chives or spring onions, added at the same time as the cheese.