1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (butter should be cold and hard)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the almond glaze)
3 Tablespoon (Leveled) (for the almond glaze)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the almond glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes.
3. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Add dried cranberries to the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Turn dough on a board and gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 Tbsp. cream just until moistened.
6. Bake at 450° F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden, dry and risen.
7. Drizzle the almond glaze on top of each scone.
8. Serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
You can use variations of dried cranberries, pistachio nuts , apricot with crystallized ginger, dried cherries or chocolate.