|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Additional As Needed)|
1) In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
2) Cut in the butter with pastry blender until like coarse meal. Add currants.
3) In a bowl, beat egg and ¾ cup milk. Mix into the flour mixture and stir.
4) Knead the dough lightly for few minutes and then roll into ½ inch thickness.
5) Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter. Take an ungreased baking sheet and spread the scones on it.
6) Apply a light coat of milk on top and then bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
7) Serve currant scones with butter and jam.