|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Additional As Needed)|
1) In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
2) Cut in the butter with pastry blender until like coarse meal. Add currants.
3) In a bowl, beat egg and ¾ cup milk. Mix into the flour mixture and stir.
4) Knead the dough lightly for few minutes and then roll into ½ inch thickness.
5) Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter. Take an ungreased baking sheet and spread the scones on it.
6) Apply a light coat of milk on top and then bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
7) Serve currant scones with butter and jam.
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg26.3%
Sodium 355.9 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet